Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Car testing..Person tested ?

The annual car test came around and I attended at  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
00.20 on the first of the month.
There has been a bit of a backlog and this is the new method of solving the problem.

A zombie night shift.

So I turned up at 15 mins to midnight with loads of other people.
The sign read " Doors are open at midnight"
We waited and just at midnight the door opened and in we went,
He shouted orders. "Who is for 10 past? Who is for 20 past?" etc.
I was called up and handed in my papers "OK you need to pay €60"
I know I had paid something when I booked it, but who wants a row at 1/2 past midnight.
Credit card, fee taken.
"Next please" 
Now this is where I failed my test.
The next guy came up and he handed in his papers "€60 please"
He had no credit card, so he asked if he could go home to get it. 
"No you have an appointment time for 00.50 and you would be back too late".
 So he had to go away and loose his booking deposit.
I had an idea.
I went out after him and asked him if someone at home could send him the number and then he could pay. He tried it but the guy at the desk told him he had to have the card there in his hand.
So he went away!!

Now I failed badly....I should have presented my card and asked the guy to pay me back later.

Why didn't I have the balls to do it?

A few months ago I picked up a girl from Venezuela going to the airport.
Off to Portugal to surf the big waves.
Every detail is still in my mind.

When we arrived there she went into shock.
 

"My sister has my wallet and cards I gave them to her at the checkout.We must go back to get them"

I reasoned with her that she would run out of time if we did that and asked her to ring her sister and tell her to take a taxi through the port tunnel with her purse. She used my phone to ring her sister and it was agreed that I would ring her sister again on Monday and collect my money.

I had done a good deed, problem solved, no problems about this in the future ?.
I rang her sister at 10am. no reply, at 12am the same and at 5pm and at 9pm when I last rang at 10 pm
I sent this text.
"Yesterday I saved your sister from missing her flight!
I could have brought her back to you and then back to the airport adding €50 to the taxi fare.
I didn't do that,
I thought of her welfare and now you think it is alright to shaft me for my money.
I hope there is a God"

The next day she texted me back explaining that she had a flat battery and then paid the exact cost..No tip. 

I would never shaft the good Samaritan.
But somehow I am disappointed in myself in not helping the guy

By the way the car passed.. 

2 comments:

  1. Will be in Dublin on the 3rd! First time since 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to see the Jesus statue at Christchurch

    ReplyDelete