Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Welsh are here






The Welsh are arriving for a brilliant sporting weekend.
They love singing and Rugby and digging coal from the ground!

Today the Gods smiled at me and sent me loads of work.
When it goes well it is wonderful.
First spin of the day took me from the Clontarf seafront to Harolds Cross, I turned around and 50 yards down the road I got a lift to Temple Rd from a girl on crutches. This is where the Brazilian embassy residence is. My passinger had a very slight accent, so I asked her where she came from"Harolds Cross" was her reply. Then your mother must have been from the country says I."Well I suppose so If you call France the country", Her accent was so slight that it was like as the slightest spice was added to your favourite dish, you know it is there but it is so slight that you cannot taste it. But you know that something is there and it is great.
We had a great conversation about how wonderful the food is in France.

Then a girl from Boston who used to work for Google but now is starting work with Facebook.This is the first year she has not had visitors from abroad for St.Patricks day. She also said that is a bigger day in New York or Boston.

It seemed like I was on a winning streak, I even got a run to the airport from a couple off to Switzerland for a weeks holidays.It is snowing in Switzerland.
When I was driving off from arrivals the Garda had 6 or more taxis penned in and they were looking at their papers and issuing tickets.
I hear that they have taken action with the drivers who are touting at Heuston station..About time too.

My last fare was a woman who was heading up to Moore St to do her shopping. She told me that she has cancer and that she feels the cold very badly.
I told her that today I have been lucky and to help her in her fight I would spread my good luck round and not charge her at all.
Poor old girl was insisting on paying me a tenner but I said that to take her money would sour my luck..So she promised to say a prayer for me and I will ask my God to look out for her too.

So take care of yoursellves and safe driving.

2 comments:

  1. A bit of good luck is nice to get, that was a good gesture to do John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    looking 4 CHRISTY BANKS.HE LIVES IN CABRA, IS A TAXI DRIVER,USED TO DRIVE A VOLVO IF YOU KNOW HIM ASK HIM TO EMAIL ME AT philbermingham@talktalk.net thanks.
    great site

    ReplyDelete