Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy tale


McDaids one of Dublin's best pubs.


2 guys exchanging Smarties as bold as brass.
No fear here of the law.
The law will prosacute for 3 KPH over the limit.

The world is small,I give you my favourate Jew and when I go to the bank to buy Yen there is a guy beside me buying Shekels, Israel is so important to so many religons and for thousands of years nothing but war!
I hope he will have a great time.

Well there you are I tell you about a fantastic celling to see and now the Easons book shop on Nassau St.is shut,It will be opened as Blarney Woolen Mills again in a few weeks.

One story that I bore my passengers with is this one.

Years ago a German freighter was damaged and the ships cargo was auctioned off as listed in the ships manifest. 3 boxes of machieneary parts were bought by Mr.Stephen O'Flaherty,(one would love to know the price)When he brought the boxes home he had 3 Volkswagen cars in parts,all the instructions were in German.
Off to the embassey, "we will translate this into English no problem, but come back and tell us how you got on,if you have a problem call us. OK?"

Well he had no problems at all, he came back and told them how fantastic the cars were. The story goes,(as I heard it) that they asked him if he could sell these cars in Ireland?
No problem he imported and assembled the VWs. Then as they were getting on so well they asked him to be the main agent for
(Wait for it )


Audi, Mercedes and Volkswagen

in Ireland and England.

Some of the details are vague but it seems that the O'Flaherty family were honest and good to do business with. The agreement is about to run out now after 57 years and the brothers Nigel and Michael O'Flaherty had a turnover of e1 billion this year.
Their company is O'Flaherty holdings which includes MDL group Ballsbridge motors and Park motors on the Navan road.
They also own thousands of acres of land to hold the cars on while being processed.

Look them up when the Rich List comes out.

So you see in this case you had a guy who bought a "Pig in a poke" hit lucky and perhaps because he went back to say a big "thank you" and won a bonus.

And the rest as they say is history.

Look out and watch your back

And while I am at it encourage your kids at music,She is good in a relaxed kind of way.
Then there is this,some people might be shocked and then an engineer might invent the cantalever principle that helps planes to land safely every day. Keep an eye on the kid,she is a great mover.
Just like her mother.
While we are at it keep an eye on your sons as wellI don't know about you but it is hard to be a parent.


I have taken to listening to country and western and theres a song thats getting good air play so I looked up the words.
www.perfectstation.com
BUT DON;T DO THIS OFTEN.

Enjoy.
Now you can sing along.


Jesus Take The Wheel lyrics

She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her Mama and her Daddy with the baby in the backseat
Fifty miles to go and she was running low on faith and gasoline
It'd been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
she was going way too fast
Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was sooo scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat sleeping like a rock
And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life
I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on

Oh, Jesus take the wheel
Oh, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
Oh, take it, take it from me
Oh, why, oh

No comments:

Post a Comment